9/26/2011

Chapter 2 Teaser #2



I fought the urge to stomp off as I went to the back room. I needed a few minutes to calm down.

“Hey, girl,” a voice said from behind me.

I jumped and spun around. James was standing behind me, laughing his ass off. Prick. He loved scaring me and did it often. One would think I’d be used to it, and my guard would be up. But no, idiot got me every damn time.

“What the hell, James? Why do you always have to do that?” I asked in a huffy voice.

“Because it’s easy,” he teased, staring down at me. “Plus, it’s not my fault you’re unobservant.”

“Fuck off,” I scoffed, hiding my smile. Truth was James had grown on me since he had started working at the bar. At first, I was nervous because he was a decent looking guy, and I was afraid he’d get a wild hair up his ass and try to pursue me. We’d lost a few bartenders before him for that exact reason. It didn’t take long to see that James was different.

No comments:

Post a Comment